PROF. DR. ERTAN YETKİN
- Professor Ertan Yetkin was born in Ereğli-Konya in 1969.
- He has completed his primary and high school education in Ereğli.
- He is currently working at the Cardiology departments of Derindere Hospital, Memorial Hospital, and Yeniyüzyıl University Gazi Osman Paşa Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey. Professor Yetkin received his medical degree from the Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in Ankara Turkey in 1994. He afterwards completed his residency training at Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital Department of Cardiology in 1999.
- Dr Yetkin worked as a research scientist in the Department of Cardiology at the Maastricht University Medical Center, at the Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht (CARIM), the Netherlands in 2006-2007. His researches and interests focuse on interventional cardiology including coronary angiography stenting, electrophysiology/ablation, cardiac pacemakers and ICD implantations, vascular biology, valvular heart disease and coagulation system.
- Dr Yetkin is a member of European Vascular Biology Organization and president of Society of Vascular and Molecular Cardiology. He has obtained 2 “Young investigator awards” from the European Society of Cardiology and published more than 200 scientific publications.
- He is married and has got two daughters of 11 and 18 years old.
- His main hobbies and interests are music, photography, and yoga.